Monday, March 9, 2015

L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper VS. Maybelline Brow Drama

Recently I decided to try the L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper , I have to start off by saying I have very sparse and thin brows, I need all the help I can get achive nice brows. Up until recently my eyebrows have NEVER look at all good, I started using a mexican oil on my brows, but thats another blog for another day. So in my quest for good looking brows I also picked up the Maybelline Brow Drama. I have tried both products and I am going to do a side by side comparison of them. 


Lets get started on the L'oreal first, this product claims to be a brow plumping gel, which to me means its going to plump up my eyebrows and make them look better then what I'm actually working with. Well it did not, the color pay off was not there at all. I had to apply 3 coats of this to my eyebrows for them to even start looking defined, the bad thing in that was that it starting clupping and making my eyebrows super stiff. The wand on the other hand was really nice to work with, to me it was the right size for my eyebrows or anyone elses. As a stand alone product it just didn't cut it for me. The following day a tried it as a eyebrow gel to set my pencil color and I did like how that worked, but I still had to be careful how much product I applied if not my eyebrows were going to lay flat and stiff. 
(I picked mine up in the color medium to dark brown)
(After 3 applications)

Now we have the Maybelline Brow Drama, where to start with this one. OK first of all the brush tip is a ball shape and it's to darn huge. All my girls out there with thin brows how are we going to use this. The color payoff was worse then the L'oreal Brow Plumper, I also did 3 applications of this. The consistency of this product felt watery to me and it wasn't gripping on to my eyebrows as well as the L'oreal one did. Also this one flaked on me, it got all over my brow bone. I tried it as an eyebrow gel also and didn't like it any better it looked like I did not add anything to my brows. 
(After 3 applications)
(Left is the maybelline/Right is the L'oreal)
(Sorry hair not done yet, it was in the product testing stage...LOL)

All in all both products a fails in there on way, one more than the other. Best believe these are going in a return pile, or give them to a friend with good eyebrows and see if it works better for them. If I to choose one of these products, because I'm in a makeup emergency or don't have another brow product insight for miles....then I would go with the L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper. Only beacuse it is a little bit more work able and beacause after a few applications you do start to see some definition to your brows. Hope this was helpful, and if you guys have anymore questions feel free to ask..

Good Luck and enjoy life!! Don't forget to check out my youtube channel for more product reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment