Monday, August 13, 2012

MOISTURIZING HONEY & SUGAR LIP SCRUB

My skin suffers in all kinds of weather, but especially lips get the worst of it. In the winter because it’s cold they get very dry and in the summer they get also dry but chapped at the same time. This year summer hasn’t even begun and my lips are starting to suffer. I was reading a few blogs and watching some videos on youtube about lip scrubs and everybody has their own way about it. What I did was take those initial ideas and made it my won. I have found this is what works for me after a lot of hit and miss, what I like about the “recipe” I came up with, is that you don’t that many ingredients and you can find them all in your kitchen cabinets. (Well except the Vaseline that’s probably in your bathroom or medicine cabinet, but you get the idea)
Ingredients and How Much you need of everything:
1.       VASELINE (any kind is fine I just have the cocoa butter one, you can even use petroleum jelly)
2.       BROWN SUGAR (you can use the organic, even regular sugar is good)
3.       HONEY (whatever honey you have at home will do just fine)
4.       VANILLA (this you can leave out its just for smell and nothing else)
5.       2.5oz JAR (I used one from babies food, don’t want to make a lot and let it go to waste)
6.       MIXING BOWL
7.       MEASURING SPOONS
·         1 tbs of Vaseline
·         1 tbs of honey
·         ¼ tsp of vanilla
·         2 tbs of brown sugar

Why I picked these products??
1.       VASELINE
I picked this one because it was the one at home you can use plain Vaseline or petroleum jelly. I always try to buy this one because I love the smell of cocoa butter. The Vaseline is what is going to be the main source of moisture in this scrub. It is not only going to help soften your lips, but it’s going to create a barrier to keep in moisture and reduce that loss of moisture.
2.       HONEY
Any kind of honey is going to work just fine. The honey is great moisturizer as well but it will also attract and retain that moisture you’re bringing to your lips. It is also packed with antioxidants. Honey is going to give your skin the nutrients it needs to stay smooth.
KEEP IN MIND THIS SCRUB DOESN’T HAVE TO BE JUST FOR YOUR LIPS. YOU CAN USE IT ON YOUR FACE AS WELL.
3.       BROWN SUGAR
The reason I decided to use brown sugar is because I have tried using regular sugar before and found it was really rough on my lips they felt burnt almost, and they were getting more irritated then actually getting better. The brown sugar still works as my exfoliator, but it still soft to not irritate my lips. Plus I like the smell of the brown sugar better than the regular sugar, and when I mix it with the cocoa butter Vaseline mmmmhhhhmmmm……delicious!!
4.       VANILLA
I recommend using vanilla purely for smell purposes, especially if you using regular sugar. This time I didn’t use it but just wanted to add for those of you who want options.
5.       A JAR
Of course you need something to store this in. All I did was asked a friend of mine that has a baby if she could save one for me after she was done with it.
LET’S GET STARTED;

First you will place your 1 tbs of Vaseline in your bowl.
Then add 1 tbs of honey.
Mix these two together until you get a pasty consistency.
Now go ahead and add your 2 tbs of brown sugar or regular sugar.
Mix very well and you’re done just put you sugar scrub in the jar.

This will last you up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, don’t want to make a lot at a time because it could go bad and you will to throw it out and waste product. You can use your scrub 2-3 times a week, even more if you wish it is all up to you. Before you use it leave it on your counter top for at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to let the scrub soften a bit. Apply it to your lips in a circular motion with your finger for about 1-2 minutes. Then rinse with warm water and pat dry, follow with your favorite lip balm.

I have been using my lip scrub for almost a month. This is the one thing I have found has worked for my lips. Along with a good chap stick or lip balm but that will be another blog. I hope you try this at home and let me know how it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment